SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER H/F
You will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of all supply chain activities – including procurement, logistics, transportation, and warehousing - to ensure effective and efficient delivery of goods to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges, and introduce improvement solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Collaborate with direct reports and programming leads to strengthen the pipeline and supply chain management plan. Manage the determination of procurement and logistics service requirements, desired specifications and delivery schedules, and how sourcing strategies are defined, ensuring proper coordination and communication.
- Ensure accountability and transparency of all supply chain operations in compliance with the company and donor regulations, and international and local standards and requirements.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
- Lead design and implementation of a strategic sourcing and procurement process to identify, assess, select and contract suppliers that will deliver the maximum value for money to the organization. In close coordination with the procurement team, oversee relationships with key suppliers and assess supplier performance.
- Manage logistical infrastructure, storage facilities and transportation resources. Oversee application of systems and procedures for inventory and commodity transportation, warehousing, and distribution, as well as for vehicle management to ensure proper handling and safeguarding of assets. Ensure related safety and security protocols are implemented.
- Oversee inventory control and the management of comprehensive goods tracking and record keeping systems throughout the whole supply chain cycle, from time of request until time of delivery. Ensure timely preparation and submission of various reports.
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Provide capacity strengthening guidance, which includes cross-departmental learning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree required. Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, other relevant Master’s strongly, or equivalent experience strongly preferred. Professional certification(s) in supply chain a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in supply chain/logistics/procurement management with progressive responsibilities, preferably with relief supply chain management.
- Knowledge of and experience with various public donors’ regulations. Understanding of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), WHO regulations and Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP).
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and common customs regulations.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Excellent planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
Required Foreign Language: English
Travel Required (5%)