SOCIAL & ENVIRONMENT MANAGER (MINIER)
Responsible for coordinating and implementing the RAP, including the livelihoods restoration program. The role will report to the ESHS Manager.
- Implementation of Resettlement and compensation plan (RAP) and livelihoods restoration plan.
- Together with the resettlement and compensation consultants identify livelihoods restoration programs.
- Prepare tender documents for RAP construction and in collaboration with the construction department select construction companies to build the impacted community infrastructure.
- Meet the RAP implementation schedule.
- Coordinate and follow-up all the individual programs that will be
implemented through the livelihoods restoration plan, including
agriculture projects, SMEs and other.
- Integrate the livelihood restoration program with the project’s social
development program, when it is ready for integration.
- Provide measures for the fishermen impacted by the project, including
health and safety of fishermen.
- Coordinate with the stakeholder engagement coordinator grievances
- Coordinate engagement process regarding livelihood restoration
- Participate in the RAP stakeholder consultation and disclosure with the
- Manage all PAP files and financial compensation process including
opening bank accounts, providing ID, etc.
- Engage with NGOs to provide capacity building to the PAP regarding
financial management of the compensation.
- Establish a Resettlement Committee, Role of the Committee and
Agreement, and facilitate meetings and relationship.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
Profile / Qualifications / Experience
- Should have excellent communication skill in English, French and Local language
- Should have technical competences and demonstrated knowledge in physical and economic resettlement and management of teams.
- Sensitivity to work in the field, rural areas, social situations.
- Analytical skills (abilities), teamwork skills, strong oral communication skills, and ability to adapt messages to people of different literacy levels, problem-solving skills: identify and solve problems in a timely
- Ability to work alone and in teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is
- 10 – 15 years of experience in similar project / Mining Industry
- Master Degree in Social Work / Master Degree in Rural Development or any other relevant post graduate degree.
Date de publication